Below you’ll find a list of online editing jobs from companies that often hire freelance editors and proofreaders.
Most of these sites are always taking resumes for proofreaders and copyeditors, but they may not be hiring at the moment. All of these require experience, some more than others such as PaperCheck (see below). Still, it doesn’t hurt to submit your information for future consideration:
- Proofreading Services US
- American Journal Experts
- Academic English Editing
- PaperCheck: Has some rather stringent requirements. Must be enrolled at an accredited U.S. university and have a minimum GPA of 3.6 OR have a graduate degree with 5 years of editing experience.
- CACTUS Communications
- EditFast: This is more of a freelancer listing service. If you are hired, the service takes 60% of the fees charged to the client. I have gotten a few small jobs through here, more than any other directory listing, so it may be of benefit to you to sign up.
- WordsRU: Requires a master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent experience editing in your area of expertise.
- Victory Productions
- ResumeEdge: Often hires resume writers and editors.
- American Manuscript Editors: Need a master’s degree or PhD in your field of interest.