Sell Your Stuff
Another side income source I love is to sell stuff online. Whether it’s books, DVDs, old electronics, or even clothes, there’s a place where you can make a few bucks here and there selling to those who may be looking for a gently used item. Some of the bigger names in the game are:
Amazon.com: You can sell just about anything on Amazon.com. I’ve sold a number of books, DVDs, old electronics, etc. It has such a huge presence online, and a lot of people know that you can get a great deal from folks like me who just want to clear their shelves. You can also trade in what doesn’t sell for an Amazon.com gift card. If you do a lot of your purchasing through Amazon, it’s a win-win!
Craigslist: If you haven’t heard of or used Craigslist by now, then it’s possible you may have been living under a rock! 😉 I like Craigslist for selling bigger items that would be impossible to ship, or didn’t sell at a garage sale.
eBay.com: I used to sell a lot of stuff on here, but with the fees and the fact that listings expire, I just don’t use it anymore. But, I know plenty of people who do, so don’t let me discourage you!
Facebook Marketplace: I don’t know about you, but I see tons of stuff for sale in my local Facebook Marketplace. Definitely worth a look!
LetGo: Offers an app to sell just about anything.
OfferUp: Another app for listing things for sale.
But, if you would like to try other websites to find the best price for your used goods, check these out:
Used Books & Textbooks
- Abebooks: All book types.
- Alibris: All book types.
- Biggerbooks: Textbooks only.
- Big Words: Textbooks only. Has an iPhone and Android app available.
- Campus Book Rentals: Textbooks only.
- Cash4Books: All book types. iPhone and Android apps available for scanning your book’s barcode to make selling a little easier.
- eCampus: Textbooks only.
- My Book Cart: All book types.
- Sell Back Books: Textbooks only.
- Sell Back Your Book: All book types.
- Textbook Recycling: Textbooks only.
- Textbooks: Textbooks only.
Electronics, CDs, DVDs, and Video Games
- Gazelle: They used to take a lot more, but now they only accept Apple products, smartphones, and tablet PCs.
- Glyde: Also a place to sell back your smartphones, tablet PCs, iPads, iPods, tablets, and video games.
- Second Spin: CDs, DVDs, Blurays, and video games
- Decluttr: Sell used electronics.
- Green Buyback
Clothes & Accessories
- Consignment Mommies: A great all-around resource for kids clothes consignment.
- Recycle Your Fashions: Women’s fashion
- LePrix: Women’s fashion
- Poshmark: High-end women’s fashion.
- Storkbrokers: Kids’ clothing (site is down temporarily for improvements)
- ThredUP: Women’s and kids’ clothing
Handy E-Books on Reselling
- Barcode Booty: How I found and sold $2 million of ‘junk’ on eBay and Amazon, And you can, too, using your phone: I downloaded this book on a whim, and I’m glad I did! It’s a great resource for learning how to find things to sell (books, mainly), and how to go about selling them using Amazon and eBay.
- How to De-clutter and Make Money Now: Turn Clutter Into Cash with The One-Minute Organizer (Decluttering Your Life): I also downloaded and read this one. It is more useful for those of us who have way too much stuff (my husband and I had both been single for 10 years before we met…we’re still getting rid of stuff!). I highly recommend it.
- Selling On Amazon: How You Can Make A Full-Time Income Selling on Amazon: I haven’t read this e-book, but it has 56 reviews with 4 stars being the average rating.